[GRASSLIST:3068] Re: Getting the measurment of a vector line.

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Feb 1 20:42:18 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:10:51 +0000, Antonio <nightnavigator at libero.it>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm rather new to Grass so I understand that the question might be silly
:-)> I'm tring to figure out how to get the length of vectors in grass
directly, I mean without having to use things like d.measure which need
the user to trace the vector again with the mouse to get a exact
measurment of the length.> What I want to do is obtain the length of
roads, lets say, by just pointing the road with the mouse and getting as
output the length of the road.> I'm sure there's something that makes it
possibile but can't figure it out.>

You can use d.what.vect, but it will only give length of the vector
chain between two nodes.  Maybe look at v.report as well.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>