[GRASSLIST:3074] Re: input images

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Feb 2 14:46:15 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:44:42PM -0500, felipem wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a  question...
>
> What is the correct method to input a Spot image on GRASS Database, if I have
> the images in another disk or directory?
>
> For example, I have three SPOT imagery of  imagery.tar.gz example and I want
> to create a new location with this imagery.
>

> Thank you!
>
> felipe martínez
> UN

Hi Felipe,

that depends on what you want to do:

- geocoding to Spearfish LOCATION:
  In imagery LOCATION run:
   - i.group
   - i.target
   - i.points
   - i.rectify
   - change to Spearfish LOCATION then and look at the geocoded images

- export, keeping the xy coordinates:
   - r.out.tiff (or any other export tool).

Again, note that the data in imagery LOCATION are not geocoded,
but belong to the Spearfish LOCATION.

Hope this helps,

 Markus Neteler