[GRASSLIST:3088] Re: TIGER/Line Data

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Sun Feb 3 22:06:28 EST 2002

On Sunday 03 February 2002 19:27, Ben Logan wrote:

> Even now, the map looks slightly distorted (could be my imagination
> though) and when I try to zoom in with d.zoom, it won't let me get
> close at all.  Did I do something wrong with the coordinate system?

Maps in lat-long coordinates usually will appear distorted compared to maps
that are projected to get accurate coverage of your area  The lat-long map
should appear to be stretched east to west.  The distortion gets worse the
further you get from the equator.

I don't know what might cause d.zoom to fail.

Roger Miller