[GRASSLIST:3122] Re: Mac binaries question

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at wo.cz
Mon Feb 11 14:11:58 EST 2002

On Monday 11 February 2002 17:54, cmbarton wrote:
> I noticed a couple of welcome new developments on the European Mac
> binary site.
>
> 1. the GRASS 5.0 pre 3 binaries for OSX have been posted
> 2. there is an install script for GRASS 5.1

Realy, there is
http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/mac_os_x/grass5_powerpc-apple-darwin5.1_install.sh
that is probably some misunderstanding, it is script for grass 5.0.

> I would be happy to install GRASS 5.0 pre 3 without having to compile it.
> I would be even happier to install 5.1 given what I have read about it.
>
> The problem comes in that I can do neither with these files. Can an
> shell install script be posted for the 5.0 pre 3 binaries that are now
> up on the site or (even better) can 5.1 binaries be posted?

Grass 5.1 is in very early stage of development, so you can test and find it
interesting or very buggy. Not yet suitable for normal work.

Radim