[GRASSLIST:3123] Re: Problem using Monitors from a fully scripted GRASS session

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Feb 11 16:30:28 EST 2002

Karine ZUERCHER wrote:

> Until grass5pre1, I used HTMLMAP monitor driver from a script (adapted from
> grasslinks) opening and closing a grass session. But as I now updated to
> grass5pre3 (self-compiled version on a RH7.2), I get the following error
> message:
> You must start this driver from within GRASS

This indicates that LOCATION isn't set.

As none of the drivers actually use the value of this variable, I've
removed the check.

Note: $GISBASE/etc/Init.sh sets LOCATION to:

	$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET

It shouldn't matter whether LOCATION is set, as programs should use
the individual components.