[GRASSLIST:3163] Re: Grass and GMT file formats.

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Feb 18 02:47:32 EST 2002

Markus, Antonio,

> the r.out.bin should write GMT raster format (see the man page).
> I recently tried myself, but got stuck with the usage of [i]GMT.
>
> If there were any scripts around ("r.out.gmt"), I would be interested
> as well.
I have a script called grass2gmt.sh (which I actually attach) which
does this job. It is a lousy hack, but why not give it a try...
- usage is grass2gmt.sh MAPSET RASTERFILE
- I use it "stand alone" - not within GRASS. I wrote priliminary for
  use with GMT scripts.
- result is a GMT compatible netCDF file
- comments welcome

I wrote it long ago, so further shell programming skills can be
applied. Especially I would suggest to use r.out.bin, and use the
"-Z" option of xyz2grd... but it works for me...

... just my 2 cents ...

Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                      Tel. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1351
GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ)     Fax. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1207
Division 1, Section 1.2
c/o                                    email:   eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
DLR Oberpfaffenhofen                   www  : http://op.gfz-potsdam.de
Box 1116