[GRASSLIST:3190] Re: import of e00 files

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Fri Feb 22 04:09:17 EST 2002

uleopold wrote:

> I am trying to import an e00 file into GRASS5. The only things I get is
> the raster file but not the attributes from the IFO table.
>
> It seems as if data are ignored. How can I import the whole file? Any
> ideas?
[...]
> LOG  2
> Ignoring data

Normal, it's an ESRI log file. You don't need that ;-)

> IFO  2
> B250_0_100.STA XX 4 16 1
> ------------ Start of table B250_0_100.sta (ignored)
> End of table B250_0_100.sta -------------

sta = statistic table : you can recompute it with grass...
(min, max, mean values, etc)

> B250_0_100.VAT XX 18 78 6512
> ------------ Start of table B250_0_100.vat (ignored)
> End of table B250_0_100.vat -------------

First time I found that... (vat = visual attribute table ???).
maybe you can send me this part of your file, and I will try to
upgrade m.in.e00 so it will create a category file with vat table...

Or send me the whole file (compressed with gzip or bzip2) if you can;
it will probably be easier for testing.

> getinfo returns Cover_type = 0
> EOS
> Extracting grid
> 560 cols, 650 rows, depth = 1

The rest is OK

--
Michel WURTZ - DIG - Maison de la télédétection
               500, rue J.F. Breton