[GRASSLIST:3197] Re: problem with Creating New Location

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Fri Feb 22 20:48:31 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 08:31:32PM +0530, Anil Kumar Bhagat wrote:
> Dear All ,
>            To creat a new location  I am giving
> lat/long value (77.4,77.45,12.55,13) and the cell resoultion 0.0005. I
> want to import tiff image in this  location . I getting the following
> error .
>
> <
> /home/bhagat2/Varthur.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 32934
> (0x80a6) ignored.
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
> ERROR: couldn't set cellhd.

I'm not sure what the problem above is.  Looks like a bad tif image,
but that's just a thought.

> Also when I import vector file with v.in.mif it work properly
> but I am not able to display the vector image .

After running v.in.mif, did you reset the region with g.region?  You
also might need to run v.support.  For example, if the newly imported
map is named newmap:

v.support newmap
g.region vect=newmap

Then try to display the map again.

Hope this helps,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Winning isn't everything, but losing isn't anything.