[GRASSLIST:3202] pre3 configure problem

John Dougherty jwd at softcom.net
Sun Feb 24 23:40:11 EST 2002

I decided to torture myself again and downloaded the pre3 source.  Since
compiling grass never seems to be quite as straight forward as it ought to be
(I have my fingers crossed the LSB will take care of this), it was no a real
surprise that during configuration for compiling grass5.0.0pre3 I
encountered an error:

configure: error: *** Unable to locate DBM includes.

There are several gdbm librabries on my linux system (Mandrake 8.1 right
now).  I need to know what to point configure at to get past that error.  Ca
someone give me a clue please?

JWDougherty