[GRASSLIST:3241] open vector areas that won't snap

Karine ZUERCHER kzuerch at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 03:11:53 EST 2002

Re-hello everyone!

I imported nicely an Arcview shape file. It worked fine, except a few areas
(about 10 on 2000) are left open. I tried several times re-snapping the nodes
with v.digit variyng both thresholds, running v.support with different
snapping thresholds as well, trying out another half a dozen v.x modules for
clean-up, etc, without success, until I finally redrew those areas...

But then, with the partially redrawn file that works fine for all areas, I
did a reclass (v.reclass), but when running v.support later on, I get the
same errors, in the same zones, e.g.:

PNT_TO_AREA failed: (-6.600683, 54.643744) (Category 230)

Anyone has an idea, what else there could be done, except reredraw the faulty
ares with v.digit ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Kindly
karine