[GRASSLIST:2843] Re: Compiling G3D

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jan 3 06:49:50 EST 2002

michele.rocc at libero.it wrote:

> I compiled grass5 from the cvs sources, but the g3d modules are not compiled
> for default,
> can anybody give me some suggestions about the namen of the modules to
> compile for trying
> g3d?

First, with the exception of s.vol.rst, the g3d code isn't present in
the release branch. It's present in the CVS head, but the head hasn't
been updated in a while, and may not compile.

Second, the reason why the g3d code isn't present in the release
branch is that it contains significant bugs, and these aren't expected
to be fixed soon.

However, if you have the CVS head, and wish to build g3d, the relevant
directory is "src.contrib/GMSL/g3d".