[GRASSLIST:2850] Re: i.rectify problem

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Jan 3 21:04:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:16:37 -0800 (PST), Daniel Victoria <daniel_victoria at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have some avhrr images and the i.rectify runs ok and
> I can visualize the corrected images using the tcltk
> window popups but when I try to look at the images
> usind command line (d.rast) it paints the image on X0
> but it gives me a segmentation fault at the end. This
> doesn't happens with the original images...
>
> Any ideas ?!?

Yes.  Recently fixed.  The file is okay, but has an incorrect
header.  The header for each raster is in cellhd/.  They are
just text files, so you can try fixing them by, variously
attempting changing the "format : ", to 0, 1, 2, or 3, and
making sure the "compression" is set to 1.  Note, the
"format" value should be the same as the original image, so
you can use that for reference.

Floating point rasters always have "format : -1".  And,
i.rectify always generates a compressed file.

To fix: If you built from source, just comment out (/* ... */)
the line in exec.c looking like "G_put_cellhd(...)", around
line 75. Then rebuild..

Note: If that fix doesn't solve the problem, please let me
know.

Hope that helps...
--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>