[GRASSLIST:2880] Re: SOSI files

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jan 10 10:31:49 EST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, anne-claire serres wrote:

> Hello !
> Does anybody know what is a SOSI file ? I think it is a vector file but
> from which kind of GIS or CAD tools ? May I import it in Grass as a .dxf
> file ?

I'm afraid it is a Norwegian standard vector storage format:

http://www.statkart.no/standard/sosi/html/welcome.htm

SOSI GIS as search keys in Google give a number of commercial programmes
for converting SOSI to shape and other formats, but all on pages in
Norwegian.

Good luck!

Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.