[GRASSLIST:2914] Re: map server

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 17 05:39:29 EST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 12:05:49PM +0200, Ahmet Temiz wrote:
>    I would like to display some maps which have been created
>    with grass5 on the internet.

I assume that you've got maps in raster format.

> How can I do that ?

Then you can save them as normal images depending on the size.
Try the PNG format.

If they are really big, you could use MapIt! to server tiled PNGs.
	www.mapit.de/index.en.html

>    Which map server is compatible with grass?

Mapserver also can also serve a lot of GRASS stuff.

You find link to these from:
	http://freegis.org/browse.en.html?category=app&app=web_mapping

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)