[GRASSLIST:2943] Re: s.to.rast help

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Jan 18 11:28:50 EST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:08:19 -0500, Kevin Slover <kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov> wrote:

> Eric,
> thanks for the response.  I guess it is difficult to explain...You
> answer has given me a bit more insight on the s.to.rast command.
> However, with that explanation, it makes it that much more puzzling.
> Taking your example below, the 0 representing my data point, and the X's
> representing the "buffered" cells...my data point "cell" is given a NULL
> value, and the other "buffered" cells are given a value.  I will attach
> a tif image, which might give more of an explanation of the problem.  I
> am sure the outputted white areas on the raster are null, as I have done
> both r.what.rast and r.out.xyz, and get NULL values.  I am sure there is
> some simple solution to this problem, that I am overlooking some step
> somewhere, but it is evading me right now.
> And, as I said in the last email, r.fillnulls doesn't recognize the NULL
> values, yet they are clearly there...any ideas??

Is it possible for you to send me a sample of the sites file and the
corresponding WIND and PROJ_INFO files for the location.  The only
thing I can figure is that it is somehow ending up with a NULL value
representation from the sites data as it writes the raster file (but
I'd think you'd get a raster with nothing but NULL values cells in
that case).  You don't have a mask set, do you?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>