[GRASSLIST:3055] Re: Projection conversion help

H. Fernández ferga1510 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:12:59 EST 2002

Hi Roger:

I've got it!!!!  Thank you very much for your help. Yes, I need an abnormal
big mercator region to allocate my UTM map, but, then, using g.region with
raster option I can "acomodate" the size to a razonable one...  I've too
problems with my cell "data" (in fact, elevation values in meters/11), but
using r.imp.ascii and r.out.ascii I can import and export with (apparently)
success.

Well, now I must check if my reprojection are accurate, and if the
reprojected map fit well with my resample simulator tools... but the basic
procedure is done.

I really aprecciate your fast, kind and instructive help. If finally I can
have a "decent" scenery and I share it over Internet, be sure than GRASS (in
general) and you (in particular) will be honored in credits.

Thank you very much. See you

Hector Fernandez