[GRASSLIST:4014] error.log for Grass 5 Installation Problem

Philip S. Wood mwpswood at iafrica.com
Tue Jul 2 16:25:30 EDT 2002

Thanks for the help I've received so far,
after checking the error.log I see that
the Grass 5.0 system does not build without errors.
Here is a copy of error.log:

	GRASS GIS compilation log
	-------------------------
	Start of compilation: Wed Jul  3 14:16:49 SAST 2002
	Errors:
	Compilation error in module: src/libes/edit (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/general/init (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/general/g.region (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.reclass (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.reclass (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.support (ignored)
	Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.weight (ignored)
	End of compilation:   Wed Jul  3 18:04:41 SAST 2002
	DONE generating GRASS GIS binary code

I see that "src/general/init" does not get built.

The first error seems to be
 "Internal compiler error in subst_stack_regs_pat, at ..."

Anyway the gcc version is 2.96.
I'm going to try another version of gcc to see if that helps

--
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His