[GRASSLIST:4020] r.neighbors

Elsa Rintala erint at cc.jyu.fi
Thu Jul 4 06:57:22 EDT 2002

A few questions about r.neighbors:

The size of the neighbourhood is limited to 25 piksels, why? I would like
to know means for areas about twice that size - how can I do this? (By
creating new pixels, each from 4 original ones and then using the
r.neighbors?)

Would it be possible to just add more legal size values to the source code
and then compile it into a functioning program? (Sorry, if this is a silly
question - I know practically nothing about programming.) And is it
possible to compile only the r.neighbors and replace the old version (as a
part of a running program) with the newly compiled one? I had problems
compiling the entire GRASS on my Debian (stable), so I'm using downloaded
binaries at the moment.

I hope the questions make sense to you... :)

cheers,
elsa