[GRASSLIST:4153] installing GRASS50pre5 from source with optios

Thomas Dewez thomas.dewez at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 12:37:08 EDT 2002

Hi everyone

I just downloaded the pre5 version as suggested by Markus. Unfortunately I
am not very fluent in the Unix world. I managed to untar and unzip the
archive in a folder. In my previous version of GRASS I always wanted to have
GDAL up and running as well as TCLTK (proper to GRASS to prevent bugs, Glynn
said that was important) and the R extension.

In what order should I proceed?

GDAL, I have downloaded the package and compiled it in a folder
TCLTK where do I get it? does it come with the GRASS source?
R extension, I have R 1.4.1 for windows. Does that work too or should I put
the cygwin/unix version of R.

As always thanks for your help.

Thomas