[GRASSLIST:4040] Postgres and g.select.db problem.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sat Jul 6 07:21:53 EDT 2002

Good morning,

I compiled Postgres support into GRASS yesterday, and I already had
the Postgres database installed and working (with me as a user).  I
ran

$ createdb virginia
CREATE DATABASE

And from within grass:

$ g.select.pg -l
The following databases are in the Unix catalogue:
template1
grass
virginia

As you can see, there's no problem connecting to the server.  I can
also connect to the 'virginia' database with psql and create/drop
tables, etc.

$ g.select.pg database=virginia
Error: select Postgres:fe_sendauth: no password supplied

psql doesn't require a password, so I don't understand what's going on
here.  I also get this message with the 'grass' database, which I also
have access to without a password (from psql and the python Postgres
library).  Any idears?

Thanks,
Ben

--