[GRASSLIST:4041] Re: Postgres and g.select.db problem.

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Jul 6 07:32:15 EDT 2002

Ben Logan wrote:

> $ g.select.pg database=virginia
> Error: select Postgres:fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>
> psql doesn't require a password, so I don't understand what's going on
> here.  I also get this message with the 'grass' database, which I also
> have access to without a password (from psql and the python Postgres
> library).  Any idears?

g.select.pg connects to the "template1" database (this is hardcoded),
then executes "select datname from pg_database", and checks that the
selected database is included in the output. Does your "template1"
database require a password?

I have no idea why it doesn't just connect to the selected database.