[GRASSLIST:4087] Re: Postgres and GRASS connection

John Dougherty jwd at softcom.net
Tue Jul 16 23:30:26 EDT 2002

Marco,

Thankyou for the reply.  Several others have let me know about the -i switch.
I am happy to say it has fixed the problem I had.  For those using SuSE 8.0,
there is a file in the /etc/sysconfig directory which includes a
configuration file titled postgresql.  To have postgres boot up with the
correct options enabled, the line POSTGRES_OPTIONS needs to edited to read:

POSTGRES_OPTIONS="-i"

By default no options are enabled.  Once this was done I could start postgres
and have grass communicate properly.

Again, thanks
John Dougherty