[GRASSLIST:4095] RE: (no subject) compile grass5.0pre5

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Jul 18 11:17:18 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 10:33:32AM -0400, JGillette at rfmd.com wrote:
> This problem has been reported twice before.
> See GRASSLIST:4017 and GRASSLIST:3692.
>
> The solution reportedly is:
>
>    CFLAGS='-O3' ./configure ...
>
> when compiling. See GRASSLIST:4017 and GRASSLIST:3700.

That was a work-around.  Believe this is fixed in the CVS HEAD version
of src/libes/edit/edit_cellhd.c  A non-fatal syntax error triggers a bug
in gcc-2.96.  I'm not 100% certain of the fix since I don't have a
Redhat'ish system with gcc-2.96.  I'd appreciate if folks experiencing
this bug would grap the CVS version of the file above and try compiling
the source again...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>