[GRASSLIST:3867] Combining maps

Alexandra Zamparas kat at nada.kth.se
Wed Jun 12 08:25:10 EDT 2002

Hello!
I am trying to combine two maps: one has subbasins with each subbasin
being a separate category (1-270) and the other map is a soil texture
map (1-12) of the same area. I am using the spearfish data. What I
would like to do is to combine these two in such a way that the output
shows the outlines of the subbasins and underneath I can see what
soil types there are in each subbasin. Same thing maybe for the
landuse map.

r.combine provides boolean options but here I would like to see the
various categories of the underlying map in the outlines of the
subbasins I got from r.watershed.

Thankful for any ideas and suggestions.

Warm regards,

Alexandra Zamparas