[GRASSLIST:3901] Re: d.siter doesn't find site files

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Jun 17 11:20:07 EDT 2002

Paul Hasenohr wrote:

> When I type d.siter at the GRASS prompt, I get this error message:
> ERROR: No site lists in this mapset (April_17_01)
> I also tried d.siter Argos_luth4_3.asc and I got the same message.
>
> But I have site lists in this mapset and I can use d.site.qual without any
> problem:
> d.sites.qual -n sitefile=Argos_luth4_3.asc color=green size=4 type=diamond
> rules=A1.eq3
>
> Is there a bug or did I miss something ?

It's a bug. The GRASS startup no longer sets the environment variable
LOCATION. Instead, scripts are supposed to use g.gisenv to obtain
these settings. Most of the scripts have been fixed, but d.siter
appears to have been overlooked.

This will be fixed in pre5, but you can fix it yourself by adding the
following lines to the start of $GISBASE/scripts/d.siter:

	eval `g.gisenv`
	: ${GISBASE?} ${GISDBASE?} ${LOCATION_NAME?} ${MAPSET?}
	LOCATION=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET

I've noticed a couple of other scripts which won't work; I'll fix
these for pre5 also.