[GRASSLIST:3936] NVIZ and vector for animation path

Paul Hasenohr phasenohr at cls.fr
Mon Jun 24 03:57:15 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have a new problem with NVIZ. In the NVIZ tutorial, it is written that
1) The Frames slider may be thought of as a time line representing the
path. When a path has been loaded, clicking on run will move the viewer
down the path, redrawing the wire frame surface at each path step.
2) total frames: The value in this type-in box is the total number of
frames in the animation. When a vector file is first loaded, the number of
points in the file (up to 1000) will be the number of frames. Typically, to
produce smooth animations, the user should use a vector file with 10 - 50
points, then change total frames to 100 or more, depending on the length of
the animation desired. Requesting an excessive number of frames (i.e.,
500,000) may cause memory problems.

I tried many times to start NVIZ with a vector file (with 3, 100 or 300
points) built with s.to.vect and I never had a path loaded in the basic
animation window.

How can I build an animation by following a path defined by a vector file ?

Thanks for your help

Paul Hasenohr
CLS

PS : Markus, I just filled a bug report for my previous problem with 3D
site files and NVIZ