[GRASSLIST:3981] Build Topology from DXF Vectors

John Wharton johnnygis at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 14:36:23 EDT 2002

I have been able to bring in a DXF (PATH specified) and it made a line and a label file for it.

The DXF had vector CAD lines (not polylines).

I tried v.line2area to build a topology for the line file it made. That doesn't seem to have worked. I also tried

afterward v.alabel to label the polygons with the Text Parcel ID's in my DXF.

 Don't think that worked either.

Are those the commands to use to build Topology and establish labels for a vector line drawing??

Also, my DXF lines are not broken at every intersection. Does GRASS do that breaking (like ARCINFO does?) as it builds the Topology? or does it have to be done in the CAD forst??

Appreciate any help.