[GRASSLIST:3350] How to setup and use GRASS&freetype font

Anusorn anusorn at dust.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Mar 19 22:24:12 EST 2002

Hi

I'm a GRASS user in Thailand and I would like to ask you about
GRASS&freetype fonts to configure GRASS & true type in thai fonts.
I've already compiled GRASS5.0.0pre3 by using

	./configure --with-freetype=yes
--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include
        make
        make install

Every thing is OK.

My question is:
	1. I can't find d.text.freetype in the /usr/local/grass/bin.
After I read a comment from Huidae  Cho in /Grass5.0.0pre3/src/display/d.text.freetype/main.c,
it said that the module is d.text2 but I didn't find this command in
/usr/local/grass5/bin also. How to create the d.text.freetype?
	2. How to use freetype with GRASS? I need a manual or examples.
	3. Did I miss anything else? Please give me an advice.

Hope this helps,

Anusorn Chompattana <anusorn at hpcc.nectec.or.th>