[GRASSLIST:3352] Re: How to setup and use GRASS&freetype font

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Mar 21 03:03:54 EST 2002

Anusorn wrote:

> I'm a GRASS user in Thailand and I would like to ask you about
> GRASS&freetype fonts to configure GRASS & true type in thai fonts.
> I've already compiled GRASS5.0.0pre3 by using
>
> 	./configure --with-freetype=yes
> --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include
>         make
>         make install
>
> Every thing is OK.
>

> My question is:
> 	1. I can't find d.text.freetype in the /usr/local/grass/bin.
> After I read a comment from Huidae  Cho in /Grass5.0.0pre3/src/display/d.text.freetype/main.c,
> it said that the module is d.text2 but I didn't find this command in
> /usr/local/grass5/bin also. How to create the d.text.freetype?

If d.text.freetype doesn't exist in $GISBASE/bin or
$GISBASE/etc/bin/cmd, then either it wasn't enabled, or it failed to
compile.

Is it listed in the file src/CMD/lists/optional after configure has
been run? If not, configure failed to detect the freetype library.

Is there an entry for d.text.freetype in the error.log file after
compilation has finished? If so, it failed to compile; check the
compilation output for details.