[GRASSLIST:3362] A question about labeling.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sun Mar 24 08:29:09 EST 2002

Hello,

My question is regarding the positioning of labels.  Once I have
labels attached to a vector map, do I have to position each one
manually?  For example, if I am labeling roads with their names and
numbers, I want the labels to clearly identify the roads.  It would be
good if long names could follow the curvature of the roads.  In tight
spots, there might be a leader arrow pointing to a road segment that
allows the label to be moved into a more open area.  What I'm talking
about is pretty much standard for printed maps, e.g. county maps, or
even the online maps available through Yahoo.

Does each label have to be manually positioned, or is there a piece of
software that can determine the best position for the labels?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

You will be the last person to buy a Chrysler.