[GRASSLIST:3369] Re: Calculating cumulative change in elevation.

Rod Paterson rpaterso at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 24 23:48:08 EST 2002

Ben,
        You could use v.to.rast to convert each vector line to a site list using
the Dmax option to set the distance between vector nodes to a distance a bit
less than the elevation raster cell size and then run s.sample using the new
site list and the elevation raster and option attr=none. This will give you a
new site list with the elevation values for each site (point along your vector).
>From there you could export to a spreadsheet and sum the positive and negative
elevation differences along your road/track or use R?

   regards
   Rod Paterson