[GRASSLIST:3619] step-by-step tutorial??

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 1 18:06:02 EDT 2002

HELP!  I'm a Grass newbie who must be reading the wrong tutorials.
Here's what I want to do:

1) import a picture png format.
2) display it.

That's all!  I have very limited goals (for now).  But I can't even
get that far.  Can someone point me to a tutorial which will assume
zero knowledge about grass or GIS, and show me exactly what to type at
every point?

Eventually, I'm going to have to patch four rasters into a single map,
and then rectify them, but first I have to import them.

Grass has a very steep learning curve (not to mention that g.rect.tiff
segfaults on my machine).

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Economic ignoramuses find
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | economics easy to criticize,