[GRASSLIST:3733] RE: Grass 5.0.0pre4 RPMs for Mandrake 8.2

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu May 23 06:01:16 EDT 2002

Juan P. Rigol Sanchez wrote:
 >>Currently there is just one RPM for grass, and it is built with
 >>PostgreSQL, lapack, gdal support, and nvis. You should only need the
 >>RPMs in the following directory.
 >

 > Buchan, could you send me the configure options you used for lapack,
 > please? I cannot get lapack/blas compiled under 8.2 despite they
 > are already installed.

I didn't compile lapack/blas, I used the precompiled packages. I had
problems compiling with lapack support, until I read the info on lapack,
(rpm -qi liblapack3) from which I gathered that I needed a fortran compiler!

I just had --with-lapack and --with-blas

I have also put up the SPEC files used for the RPMs, which will allow
you to see exactly how the RPMs were compiled.

http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2/grass/gdal.spec
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2/grass/grass.spec

Btw, I am looking for some more experienced grass users to try my
packages, before I commit them to the Mandrake cooker contribs ... I
would appreciate some fedback, and then in the next release of Mandrake
you will be able to install it with 'urpmi grass'.

Regards,
Buchan

Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202