[GRASSLIST:3742] Re: d.zoom question

H. Bowman ihatejunkyabastards at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 11:01:30 EDT 2002

> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 02:18:38PM -0400, Kevin Slover wrote:
> > I just noticed this with d.zoom, that you are only able to zoom with a
> > raster image.  Is it possible to modify the code such that you would
> > be able to zoom with only a vector??

> This should be working in recent GRASS.  What version of GRASS?

I ran across this problem today as well, on the new Grass5.0.0pre4.
I tried it with the files below on two machines with the same result.
  (i686 RedHat 7.3 and a i686 Debian 3.0; GRASS compiled from source on
both)

Steps:
Imported .shp files into grass vector files with v.in.shape.
g.region -d
d.vect coastline_chch
d.zoom
upon zooming in, the display goes blank (most times). at this point:
   -zooming back out gets you back to a plot. (sometimes not until second
button-2 click)
     (may be nothing, but it gives a message about limit of default region
reached,
      also got it to complain about needing to reset the resolution once,
needed to restart x0)
   -zooming in just gives further blank screens
   -quiting: if you quit with the screen blanked, and try running d.zoom
again,
      it starts up in interactive mode asking for a mandatory raster file.
Need to
      d.erase before you can d.vect again and have anything actually show
up and zoom again.      If you zoom out and quit with a plot up, you can
continue plot/zoom..

files:
http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/sicoast.tgz

[also, the Tcl/Tk menu -> Quit, stop all X monitors doesn't work anymore.
Need to d.mon stop=x0]

Should this stuff be submitted into the bug tracking system, or is here
suitable enough??
[ GRASS bugtracking system:  http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?q_queue=grass ]

Thanks.