[GRASSLIST:5009] Re: Considerations for SVG 1.1 spec from W3C

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Wed Nov 20 11:21:39 EST 2002

There's nothing that says that it can't be an exchange format, but I wasn't
thinking along the lines of sdts or shape.  Instead a data to screen and
screen
to data exchange format, although granted I haven't read through the spec
thoroughly enough to determine if it would support the latter.

The pixel to real-world coordinates is one of the major missing pieces
(IMO) of browser based mapping.  Granted, the support has to be in the
browser, but I believe that's coming and the SVG spec could help
speed that along.

Just my $0.02

-jv