[GRASSLIST:5076] Re: image alignment

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Nov 25 22:31:43 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 04:55:41PM -0800, Mike Sears wrote:
> I have a set of images, all of which are relatively of the same area, though
> the images are all slightly offset.  I need to either align all of the images
> to a reference image or or be able to batch process the images to a set of
> known ground coordinates.
>
> Within each image, there are markers that have known xy coordinates.  I
> understand that I could use i.points and i.rectify for each individual image.
> That would take quite a while as I have hundreds of images.
>
> Is there a way to automatically align(and in some cases rescale) the images
> automatically or in some batch process, or am I stuck with rectifying each
> individual image?...or is there a better way to do  this task altoghether?

If you can script writing out the registration points for each image,
then use can bypass i.points and just run i.rectify.  Also, i.rectify
works for image groups...

The registration points file format is a simple text file mapping image
coordinates to the target coordinate system.

--
"...the plural of anecdote is [not?] data."  - attrib. to George Stigler