[GRASSLIST:5063] image alignment

Mike Sears msears at mama.indstate.edu
Mon Nov 25 19:55:41 EST 2002

I have a set of images, all of which are relatively of the same area, though
the images are all slightly offset.  I need to either align all of the images
to a reference image or or be able to batch process the images to a set of
known ground coordinates.

Within each image, there are markers that have known xy coordinates.  I
understand that I could use i.points and i.rectify for each individual image.
That would take quite a while as I have hundreds of images.

Is there a way to automatically align(and in some cases rescale) the images
automatically or in some batch process, or am I stuck with rectifying each
individual image?...or is there a better way to do  this task altoghether?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

--
Michael W. Sears, Ph.D.