[GRASSLIST:5119] Sound reflection and refraction

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:26:11 EST 2002

Hi all,

Has anybody ever tried to interpolate sound (==> noise) in a general GIS? I
only mean 2D interpolation. I know 2D is a big compromise but it has to be
done for my school assignment and at this level I do not intend to use a 3D
technique.

How would you treat the spread of a signal from a source r.cost is not a
very good solution because of the refraction (picture the emission and
imission points on the opposite sides of a building).

What about the reflection from objects?

Ideas and comments are welcome.

Miha Staut