[GRASSLIST:4888] Trouble with i.points3

Guillaume Criloux guillaume.criloux at laposte.net
Mon Nov 4 18:59:49 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm a rather new GRASS user and I use it mainly for rectifying aerial images.
I live in Mayotte, Comoros Archipelago in the Mozambique Channel where we use a datum of the international 1924 ellipsoid and a UTM (38 south) projection system.
The local datum is called 'Combani 1950' and I wrote it in the datum.table file.In spite of this, i seem to be unable to use it correctly. When i try to use i.points3 over an XY projection system targeted to a location in our local system i get the following error message :

	cannot initialize pj
	cause: unknown elliptical parameter name
And back to the GRASS prompt it goes :-(

If the target location doesn't use any datum, there doesn't seem to be any problem. So, either there is a place that I don't know where i should write my datum informations, or i made a mistake writing them to datum.table.

Could anybody explain me this or review my datum file please.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume Criloux
SIG Conseil