[GRASSLIST:4885] RE: Grass Installation

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Nov 4 12:44:06 EST 2002

On my system, the following did the trick:

--with-postgres-includes='/usr/local/pgsql/include
/usr/local/pgsql/include/server'

I compiled PostgreSQL myself and used fairly standard locations. If you
installed PostgreSQL from your Linux distribution, the needed include files
may be elsewhere, but they are easy to find. Just examine the ./configure
output and note what file(s) it is not finding. Then do a 'locate' for that
file and include whatever directory(s) the file is in.

Rich

At 09:29 AM 11/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:

> >       ./configure --with-postgres-includes=...
>
> >Unless the headers are in one of the compiler's default directories
> >(e.g. /usr/include), you have to tell configure where to find them.
>
>Thanks.
>
>So I assume the configure script doesn't know where to look for these
>include files? Unfortunately, neither do I :-(
>
>Any idea where to look for these files AND, more importantly,  what they
>are named?
>
>I will check in the /usr/include.
>
>Thanks again!

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS