[GRASSLIST:4655] Re: Mac OS X 10.1.5 run problem

Michael O'Dell mp_odell at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 5 01:23:08 EDT 2002

--- Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net> wrote:

> Michael O'Dell wrote:
> > % grass5
> > % /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: no such file or directory:
> > /usr/local/grass5/etc/lock [50]
>
> This is the problem; the file error.log should indicate that an error
> occurred while building src/general/init. Examine the output from
> "make" to determine exactly what happened.

Thank you very much for your response. Obviously I am "learning as I
go" and am new to UNIX and compiling, and clearly not very good at it
from the looks of error.log.

Since I did not save the output from make the first time, I ran make
clean and then configure and make again. The results in error.log were
the same (see below). Given the amount of time I have spent getting to
this point, all of these compilation errors do make me frustrated. I
don't expect people to solve these problems for me, but since several
of you were kind enough to respond to my first post, I thought I should
reply out of courtesy.

I have annotated the error.log, keeping the errors in order, but
grouping them according to the undefined symbols that each module
choked on (most of them on _keypad). Grep-ing around I cannot find
_keypad except in .o files under src/ (I have no idea what is relevant
:-) )

Also for completeness: in response to Hamish's reply (thank you for the
reply), I do have /usr/include/curses.h but not /usr/lib/libcurses.a
nor /usr/lib/libcurses.so; rather I have /usr/lib/libcurses.dylib

Start of compilation: Fri Oct  4 21:09:46 CDT 2002
Errors:
Compilation error in module: src/libes/vect32/georef (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_ax
_ay
_bx
_by
_use

Compilation error in module: src/general/init (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/display/d.3d (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/display/d.labels (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/general/g.access (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/general/g.help (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/general/g.region (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.class (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.cluster (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.composite (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.group (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.maxlik (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.ortho.photo (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points3 (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.quantize (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.rectify2 (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.tape.mss (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.tape.other (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.tape.spot (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.tape.tm (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.tape.tm.fast (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.target (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.digit (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.in.tig.lndmk (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.reclass (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.transform (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/paint/Programs (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.agnps50 (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.buffer (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_keypad

Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_GBGetSymbol

Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.le (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.reclass (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.report (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.rescale (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.support (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_keypad

Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.tiff (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_jpeg_CreateCompress
_jpeg_CreateDecompress
_jpeg_abort
_jpeg_destroy
_jpeg_finish_compress
_jpeg_finish_decompress
_jpeg_read_header
_jpeg_read_raw_data
_jpeg_read_scanlines
_jpeg_resync_to_restart
_jpeg_set_colorspace
_jpeg_set_defaults
_jpeg_set_quality
_jpeg_start_compress
_jpeg_start_decompress
_jpeg_std_error
_jpeg_suppress_tables
_jpeg_write_raw_data
_jpeg_write_scanlines
_jpeg_write_tables

Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.weight (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/sites/s.to.vect (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.water.fea/src
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src.contrib/SCS/vector/v.dump (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src.contrib/SCS/vector/v.report (ignored)
Undefined symbols:
_keypad

Compilation error in module: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)
/Users/mpodell/Documents/Dev/Sources/Grass/grass-5.0.0/src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2
/src
  mkdir OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin5.5
  make -f OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/make.rules

cc -I/Users/mpodell/Documents/Dev/Sources/Grass/grass-5.0.0/src/include
-g -O2
  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/Users/mpodell/Documents/Dev/Sources/Grass/grass-5.0.0/src/libes/ogsf
 -D_NO_PROTO -D__STDC_
_   -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -I/usr/local/pgsql/include/internal  -c
nvizAppIn
it.c -o OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/nvizAppInit.o
In file included from nvizAppInit.c:9:
interface.h:257: conflicting types for `Tk_SetAppName'
/usr/local/include/tkDecls.h:573: previous declaration of
`Tk_SetAppName'
make[2]: *** [OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/nvizAppInit.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [nvwish] Error 2
GISGEN failure at STEP: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2

GISGEN: src/imagery/i.fft - Fri Oct 4 22:14:17 CDT 2002

End of compilation:   Fri Oct  4 22:14:43 CDT 2002