[GRASSLIST:4618] Re: Mac OS X 10.1.5 run problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Oct 2 04:08:46 EDT 2002

Michael O'Dell wrote:

> I hope that I am not wasting people's time with a trivial problem, but
> I have built and installed Grass 5.0.0 on my Mac (OS X 10.1.5) and
> installed XDarwin (see below for full list of libraries). But when I
> issue the command 'grass5' I get the following message
>
> % grass5
> % /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: no such file or directory:
> /usr/local/grass5/etc/lock [50]

This is the problem; the file error.log should indicate that an error
occurred while building src/general/init. Examine the output from
"make" to determine exactly what happened.

> mpodell is currently running GRASS. Concurrent use not allowed.
> %

This error message is misleading. What actually happened is that the
"lock" program failed. Normally that would indicate an existing
session, but in this case it is because the "lock" program doesn't
exist.