[GRASSLIST:4662] Re: big ASCII

Roger Miller roger at spinn.net
Sat Oct 5 19:29:54 EDT 2002

Petra,

Vi can take care of a lot of editing needs, even with files that are
formatted with columnar data.  As long as your hardware is capable, Vi can
also handle very large files.

I also use StarOffice Calc for editing large files - some considerably larger
than 8 mb.  StarOffice usually opens any variety of text file in a word
processor.  To open a text file in a spreadsheet in Star Office 5.2 you must
select the option <Text-txt-csv (StarOffice Calc)> in the file open dialog
box.  If you select any other form of text file you get a word processor
document.   StarOffice Calc can also write text files.

Roger Miller