[GRASSLIST:4707] Re: NVIZ startup crash

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Oct 11 11:17:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:18:28PM +0200, Rado Bonk wrote:
> Hi GRASSusers,
>
> I recently experienced a problem of NVIZ startup on computer equiped with
> onboard graphic accelerator (SIS5513). NVIZ doesn't start at all
> complaining about "bot enough memory". Attached is the NVIZ crash output
> and dmesg graphic card related output during the boot process. I'm using
> LRH7.3, and GRASS5.0.

Well, this is not a GRASS problem, per se.  Adjusting your region
extents/resolution to a smaller area or lower resolution may help
reduce memory demand.  From your message, it was the sis_dri.so driver
for X crapping out with a fatal error....

--
begin 664 .signature
M<F5L;&E-("Y'(&-I<D4@/G1E;BYS<&I`,FUG93P)"`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(