[GRASSLIST:4714] Question about ps.map

Doug Gorley douggorley at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 13 03:16:58 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

I have a question regarding ps.map.  I've created a ps.map input file
that looks like this:

  scale 1:12000
  vector ffw_trails
    color brown
    width 1
    label Trails
    end
  vector rivers
    color blue
    acolor 0 0 255
    width 1
    label Major Rivers
    end
  vector highways
    color red
    width 1
    label Major Highways
    end
  grid 100
    color grey
    numbers 2 black
    end
  mapinfo
    where 1.5 0
    end
  end

This is working great, except for one thing: if I use d.zoom to display
a certain part of the map, that's the only part that'll show up in my
Postscript map.  Is this the intended behaviour, or am I missing
something in the configuration?  Ideally, I thought the ps.map file
should be able to specify a center of the map, and the scale should be
independent on the d.mon display.

Thanks,

--
Doug Gorley | douggorley at shaw.ca     OpenPGP Key ID: 0xA221559B
Fingerprint: D707 DB92 E64B 69DA B8C7  2F65 C5A9 5415 A221 559B