[GRASSLIST:4716] allways illegal requests when using ps.map...

Jeff D. Hamann jeff_hamann at hamanndonald.com
Sun Oct 13 12:03:17 EDT 2002

I've been trying to produce a hardcopy map that has more than a simple
raster and vector map in the output with no success. I've issues the
following commands:

ps.select painter=us-letter
ps.map input=ps.testshed output=testshed.ps

and keep getting the following message:

PS-PAINT PostScript painter "us-letter" selected
 : illegal request

The map file (initially generated using ps.map in interactive mode) contains
the following commands:

verbose 2
scale 8 inches
rast super754
vect testshed
width 1
end
end

and I've been trying to add some of the other commands in the help file like
vlegend, so the file looks like:

verbose 2
scale 8 inches
rast super754
vect testshed
width 1
end
vlegend
 where 4.5 0
 font Courier
 fontsize 12
 end
end

and it doesn't work. I'm using GRASS5_pre3 on cygwin/win32 and haven't tried
it on another platform. what am i doing wrong. Please help. save me from
arc/info!

Jeff.

Jeff D. Hamann
Hamann, Donald & Associates, Inc.