[GRASSLIST:4720] opengl compile problem

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Sun Oct 13 21:52:07 EDT 2002

I am not able to get GRASS compiled with opengl on Mandrake 9.0. I have
installed Mesa 4.0.4 and I provide GRASS configure with the following
directive:
     --with-opengl-libs='/usr/lib /usr/X11R6/lib'
Which generates this error:
     checking for location of OpenGL library... /usr/lib  /usr/X11R6/lib'
     checking for glBegin in -lGL... yes
     checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU... no
     configure: error: *** Unable to locate GLU library.
It looks to me like it is getting off to a good start, but then what is
happening???

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.