[GRASSLIST:4741] Re: opengl compile problem

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Oct 14 19:33:46 EDT 2002

Many thanks to Glynn Clements, Eric Miller, and Scott O'Donnell for their
help!

9.0. The problem was that my libGLU somehow got built as a C++ library. The
solution, quoted from Glynn's email, is as follows:

>If you have autoconf installed, change line 850 of configure.in from:
>
>LOC_CHECK_LIBS(GLU,gluBeginCurve,GLU,$OPENGL_LIB_PATH,OPENGLULIB,$OPENGLLIB
>$X_LIBS $X_PRE_LIBS -lX11 $X_EXTRA_LIBS $MATHLIB,,)
>
>to:
>
>LOC_CHECK_LIBS(GLU,gluBeginCurve,GLU,$OPENGL_LIB_PATH,OPENGLULIB,$OPENGLLIB
>$X_LIBS $X_PRE_LIBS -lX11 $X_EXTRA_LIBS $MATHLIB,,,-lstdc++)
>
>(i.e. add ",-lstdc++ to the end of the list), then run "autoconf" in
>the top-level directory.
>
>Otherwise, you'll need to obtain the updated configure script from
>CVS:
>
>http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass/configure?rev=1.120

Thanks,
Rich