[GRASSLIST:4761] Re: Dehaze -> Streamer

Sigrid Hess shess at students.uni-mainz.de
Thu Oct 17 13:05:28 EDT 2002

Hi Daniel,

> I can't remember if I already sent you an e-mail or
> not so here it goes...
Sorry, I got your mail.
Actually I'm a strongly occupied.

> What I need to do is not just an esthetic thing, I'm
> doing a cloud free composite (already got the cloud
> screening algorithm working under grass).
> I downloaded the Msixs (6s code) that I heard about in
> and it runs on my linux box, just don't know how to
> use it...

The 6S code doesn't offer any cloud models.
I propose you the free radiative transfer code with flexible
specification of cloud physical properties, "Streamer"
(written by Jeff KEY, NOAA/NESDIS/ASPT: jkey at ssec.wisc.edu).

That's perhaps the ideal tool for your application.
For more information and download go to
-> http://stratus.ssec.wisc.edu/streamer_web/userman/intro.html
-> http://stratus.ssec.wisc.edu/streamer_web/userman/

best wishes