[GRASSLIST:4772] RE: format in cellhd

"Fernández-Victorio Arévalo, Gonzalo" GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es
Fri Oct 18 03:45:56 EDT 2002

From: M.Wegmann [mailto:m.wegmann at web.de]

> What does format in cellhd mean?

This is the only question I can try to answer.

>From the GRASS programmer manual, page 31, "The format
field describes how many bytes per cell are required to
represent the raster data. 0 means 1 byte, 1 means 2 bytes,
etc. The value -1 indicates that it is a floating
point raster map which is stored in fcell/ subdirectory
instead if cell/ subdirectory."

I've got no idea of what have happened. But anyway, if
GRASS is trying to read two bytes and data is one byte per
cell, there should be a problem.

Regards:

Gonzalo